A downloadable game
The sun hangs in the sky, a burning ring hollowed out by darkness. You awaken in a dark and empty castle, alone and far from the world you know. The darkness passes, returning the sun to its bright splendour and illuminating the world that fluctuates before you.
These are the Wailing Lands, an ever changing world of fantastic sights, lost travellers and dark places with ancient secrets. Your home in these decaying lands is the Waycastle, a mysterious fort which attracts wayward souls.
Wail is now available in print on the Wail Forge Etsy.
Wail is a 25 page rules-lite ttrpg of solitary exploration, world building and journal writing. You take the role of a wayward adventurer lost in a new land and while playing you will build a map, generate locations, meet characters and resolve events. You will do this by keeping a journal of your adventures, creating the land, it's inhabitants and the trials you will face all through the eyes of your character.
- 25 page rules zine
- Printable Hexgrid map
- Character Sheet
- Waycastle Map
In order to play Wail you will need:
- Pen, Character sheet, Waycastle sheet and Hex Map
- Something to record your journey (Journal, audio recorder, etc)
- Handful of six sided dice (d6)
- A twelve sided dice (d12)
$200 - Print run funded
$250 - Digital 6 page add-on
$300 - Print run of add-on (Included with print editions of Wail)
$400 - Wailing Hexes: a set of hex art for your own projects
All goals have been met! Thank you all so much for the support, I'm now working hard on getting ready for the final version and print run!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
If you can't afford a copy of Wail please feel free to download a community copy. All I ask is that you consider leaving a rating for it on itch.
For each full price purchase of the game I will add an additional copy to the Community copy pool.
- Physical Copies now Available83 days ago
- Physical update and Community copiesJun 09, 2022
- Wail - ReleaseMay 15, 2022
- Wail - Itchfunding completeMar 01, 2022
- Wail - Final week of CrowdfundingFeb 21, 2022
- Wail - Final Funding Goal ReachedFeb 09, 2022
- Wail - Physical Add-on FundedFeb 06, 2022
- Wail - Successfully FundedFeb 04, 2022